Pages

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Bhopal Vigyan Mela


MP government organized Bhopal Vigyan Mela from February 15 to 17 at Dashhara Maidan in BHEL area. Several PSUs, Private companies and some of the state and center government departments took part in this event. The event was reported to be a huge success. It was only on the last day and that too in the evening when I got a chance to visit the place. 

The arms displayed at Defense Department’s stall seemed center of attraction for the young and eager minds. It was a huge crowd gathered there. I found an obvious reason to select this stall out of many as the volume of the crowd gathered there made me curious of what had exactly been going on there. I went straight there and tried to make sense of what the presenter had been saying. His voice was not audible at the place I stood. I tried to cruise through the crowed and with great effort reached just in front of the presenter. I listened to him very carefully. He had been explaining something about the functioning of cruise missiles. Even after listening to him for about 5 minutes, I made no progress from the earlier point. Only one thing which I could add to my understanding was that now the presenter had started to explain speed and time dimension of cruise missile. 

The students gathered there didn’t want to miss any chance to ask question. It was a kind of two way traffic. Things were highly technical and most of them beyond my mind. I was not able to make much sense of the discourse happened over there but I enjoyed it lot. The reason being the enthusiasm and curiosity students exhibited there enthralled me. 

These young and curious minds are the future of India. I have seen dreams floating in their eyes. If given adequate opportunities, they will build better India.





No comments:

Post a Comment